Apple iPhone Email Setup
Note: When using the examples below, be sure to replace mail.yoursite.com with your actual domain name. Eg. mail.mysite.com
Steps on how to set up your Mail from your iPhone.From your iPhone Home Screen
- Tap Settings on the Home Screen of your iPhone.
- Tap Mail or Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other
- Select IMAP or POP and fill out Name, Address and Description fields as desired. (In this example, I use IMAP)
- Scroll down and input the settings for your Incoming Mail Server : these are generally as follows:
Hostname: mail.yourdomain.com (where your domain is the domain you host with hostroman)
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (your full email address)
Password: the password for your email account
- Repeat the process for the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) details as in step 6.
- Tap Save
- If you get a message regarding prompting to Try without SSL select "YES"